The hospitality industry is the sector with the strongest evolution globally, and for the year 2025 estimates show that 1 in 10 jobs will be in tourism. For almost 30 years, the School of Domestic and International Economy of Tourism has been matching theoretical and practical aspects of the hospitality industry with the aim of providing the highest education level to our undergraduates, so that they may function successfully on any international market.
Starting with their first year of study, undergraduates and graduates are provided with maximum and active support from the school management when looking for a job commensurate with the skills acquired under the academic curriculum followed during the two cycles of training – Bachelor and Master studies.
The major Economy of trade, tourism and services prepares undergraduates through specialty disciplines such as: tourism economy, hotel technologies, the management of tourism human resources, the technique of tourism operations, tourist transports, catering and restaurant management, information systems and information applications in tourism, ecotourism and rural tourism, tourist resources and destinations, hotel design, entertainment and agreement etc.
The integrated program of ongoing professional development and academic research offer graduates multiple opportunities of employment in fields of activity such as:
- operational tourism management;
- tourism consulting and logistics;
- catering and quality management in the hospitality industry;
- counselling in economic accounting, the economy of environment, general economy;
- the technique of tourism operations;
- trade and marketing expertise;
- analysis and prognosis in tourism and environment;
- rural tourism and agro tourism;
- resort, mountain and sea tourism;
- transportation companies;
- non-governmental organizations;
- e-ticketing and informational systems in tourism;
- business and event tourism.
The following Master programs are organized within the School of Domestic and International Economy of Tourism:
- Master program in Romanian – Tourism Business Administration – with further opportunities of developing a career in hotels, restaurants, catering companies, travel agencies, ecotourism, rural tourism, agro tourism, health care departments, transportation companies, conference and reunion centers, environment protection etc.
- Master program in English – Business Management in Tourism and Aviation – which focuses on the development of specific and multidisciplinary competences, but also cognitive and practical skills, considering the need of professional training in tourism and air transportation. The program is targeted at both young people from Romania, but also at foreigners who wish to study this field in a modern university in the heart of a European capital.
The School of Domestic and International Economy of Tourism is directly involved with the ATC RAU, Authorized IATA Training Center of the Romanian-American University, which offers programs covering the fields of tourism and aviation.
The Romanian-American University has been the first university in Romania to receive an IATA certification as an authorized Training Center in 2011.
This accreditation ensures the University the right to organize and run the courses of the Foundation for Travel and Tourism and travel and Tourism Consultant. The permit was granted based on the proven instructive expertise and the general ability of the institution to provide high quality training.
Decan: Lect.univ.dr. Ștefan-Alexandru Ionescu
- Arii de competență profesională:
- Analiza Multidimensională a Datelor, Analiza Riscului, Big Data în Turism, Machine Learning; Inteligență Artificială, Automatizarea Deciziilor, Rețele Neuronale.
- Membru al asociațiilor profesionale: Societatea Română de Econometrie, Asociația Profesioniștilor de Turism din România, Asociația pentru Calitatea Serviciilor – ACS, Comitetul Român al Distribuției.
- Experiență antreprenorială privind consultanța în domeniile statistică, previziune, inteligență artificială, consultanță în management, precum și activități comerciale, activități de import-export și activități privind transporturile internaționale.
- Contact: email@example.com
Prodecan: Prof.univ.dr. Cezar Mihălcescu
- Arii de competență profesională: Promovarea Produselor şi serviciilor turistice pe Internet- E-Tourism, Proiectarea Sistemelor informatice, Tehnologia aplicaţiilor Office, Comerţ Electronic, Baze de Date.
- Arii de competență managerială: Prodecan al Facultăţii de Economia Turismului Intern şi Internaţional, Membru în Senatul Universității Româno-Americane, din decembrie 2006.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org