MOISE MARIA Ph.D. Professor
- Beginning 2003 to present, Maria Moise was full-time professor at the Faculty of Computer Science for Business Management of the Romanian American University in Bucharest Romania, and since 2003 until 2012 she was Vice Rector with research activity at this faculty.
- Between 1999-2003 she was Dean and Rector at AISTEDA University of Bucharest.
- In 1972 she received the M. Sc. in Mathematics at the Mathematics Faculty of Bucharest University, specialized in Operation Research, and in 1996 she obtained his doctoral degree in Economic Informatics at the Faculty of Cybernetics, Statistics and Economic Informatics of the Academy of Economic Studies in Bucharest with her doctoral thesis “Information Systems & Intelligent Systems Applied in Economic Area”.
- Since 1972 until 1999 she worked as scientific researcher at National Institute for Research & Development in Informatics Bucharest, and also she was teaching at University of Craiova, Polytechnic University of Bucharest and Academy of Economic Studies of Bucharest.
- Between 1993-1994, Professor Maria Moise obtained two Research Fellowships and she was invited professor at LAFORIA Laboratory of P. & M. University Paris VI, and she worked in the field of Decision Support Systems, Artificial Intelligence (particularly Expert Systems) and Fuzzy Logic.
- Between 2001-2003 she was standing member of Steering Committee regarding “Promoting Multimedia Access for Education and Training in European Society” – PROMETEUS – EU, as Romanian representative.
- Her research interests include: intelligent systems with knowledge base/expert systems, neural networks, fuzzy logic, rough sets, mathematics modeling, e-learning environments, e-business, e-government and e-health.
- She is the author/co-author of 24 books and over 180 scientific papers. She has extensive experience in IT project management, having more than 80 research contracts funded by National/International Programs (FP6, FP7). She has been the organizer of several national/international conferences.
- She was also national assessor of National Programs (CEEX, PNCDI) and also European expert at FP7 (e-business).
Member of professional associations/organizations:
- 2007 – 2010: ARACIS Assessor
- 2006 Expert assessor of the European Commission (Framework Program VI – ICT PRIORITY – ICT for Business, Framework Program VII)
- 2006 – National assessor of the CNCSIS, CEEX and PNCDI II Programs
- 2001 – 2003: Permanent Member of Steering Committee regarding “Promoting PROmoting Multimedia in Education and Training in EUropean Society – PROMETEUS” – European Commission, position obtained through on-line election
- 1998: Certificate awarded in Total Quality Management in Education to Mrs. Maria Moise by European Commission & Folkuniversittett (Sweden)
Fields of interest/research:
- Intelligent systems with knowledge base/expert systems, neural networks, fuzzy logic, rough sets, mathematics modeling, e-learning environments, e-business, e-government and e-health.
- Traveling, classical music