School of Domestic and International Business, Banking and Finance
The School of Domestic and International Business, Banking and Finance is, due to the number of study programs, the most complex within the Romanian-American University.
The School was set up in 1991. In the 29 years as of its establishment, new dimensions and a modern educational profile have been developed here through a synergic approach of the three fields of academic studies: Economy and International Business, Finance and Accounting. The School was accredited under Law no. 274/May 15, 2002 on the setup of the Romanian-American University and is a member of the Association of Economic Schools of Romania – AFER.
The School offers an educational and research path at a high-quality standard, in an intellectually stimulating internal environment both for the undergraduates and for the teaching staff.
For the next period, we aim to strengthen the recognition of the School at national and international level and to place it among elite business schools.
Manager, Trading Department, Deloitte
Deputy General Director, Directorate General of Treasury and Public Debt - Middle Office Department, Ministry of Finance
Managing Partner, KMTrust & Partners / IIC Partners
Project Coordinator, Communication and Marketing Department, European Institute of Romania
International student from Nigeria
OBJECTIVES AND DEVELOPMENT LINES
- To develop active and dynamic partnerships with the business environment. To promote an efficient networking through the Consulting Committees operating in the School in order to correlate the provided skills with the requirements of the business environment;
- To ensure the acquisition of the skills necessary to insert undergraduates/graduates on the labor market in their field of specialty;
- To adjust and develop constantly the curriculum in the internationalization context;
- To assist the ongoing professional development of the teaching staff;
- To assist undergraduates in obtaining competitive professional results both nationally and globally;
- To strengthen the visibility of the research activity conducted by the academic staff.
- three Bachelor programs in Romanian:
- Afaceri Internaționale
- Finanțe și Bănci
- Contabilitate și Informatică de Gestiune
- one Bachelor program in English:
- International Business
- three Master programs in Romanian:
- Afaceri Internaționale
- Finanțe, Bănci, Asigurări
- Gestiunea și Auditul Afacerilor
- two Master programs in English:
- International Business and Entrepreneurship
The Master Program “Business Management and Audit” was accredited in 2015 by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
Starting with the academic year 2014-2015, the School has also organized a Master study program in the Finance field, in English, a program of the Dual Degree type in partnership with the University of Siena, Italy.
Dean: Lecturer Iuliu Marin Ivănescu, PhD
- He graduated the Romanian-American University in 1999 and is currently teaching in the department of Trade, Economic Integration and Business Administration and has tenure at the School of Domestic and International Business, Banking and Finance within the Romanian-American University. He obtained the PhD degree in Economy in 2007.
- Fields of professional competence: international trade, economic competitivity, economic diplomacy and international relations, macroeconomy.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-dean: Lecturer Nela Ramona Grigore, PhD
- She graduates the School of Domestic and International Business, Banking and Finance within the Romanian-American University in 2006. She has been a doctor in Economy and International Affairs since 2012.
- Fields of professional competence: she is a lecturer within the Department of Trade, Economic Integration and Business Administration. Her fields of interest in her teaching and research activity are: European economic integration, competition policies, business ethics and leadership.
- Fields of management competence: she mainly coordinates activities in the field of international relations and strategic development of partnerships with the business environment.
- Contact: email@example.com
Head of department: Associate Professors Mariana Sorlescu, PhD
- She graduates the School of General Economy of the Academy of Economic Studies in Bucharest in 1997; she has tenure at the School of Domestic and International Business, Banking and Finance within the Romanian-American University. She became a doctor in Economy in 2006.
- Her fields of interest in teaching and research are: micro- and macro-economy, sustainable development, international economic policies, world economy.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Department of Trade, Economic Integration and Business Administration contributes to the teaching and research activity conducted at every study program related to the fields of Economy and business and Business administration in tourism.
The department organizes the activities of the teaching and research staff in compliance with the managerial plan, contributes to the drafting and implementation of syllabi, drafts the job title lists in collaboration with the Department Council according to the legal provisions.
Head of department: Lecturer Cosmin Ionuț Lungu, PhD
- He graduates the School of Domestic and International Business, Banking and Finance within the Romanian-American University in 2002; he has been a doctor in economy, major accounting, since 2007; within the department of Finance, Credit and Accounting he is currently holding the following lectures: Fundamentals of Accounting, Financial Accounting, International Financial Accounting, Creative accounting, Financial auditing. He is a chartered accountant and a member of the Body of Expert and Licensed Accountants of Romania – C.E.C.C.A.R. and a financial auditor, member of the Chamber of Financial Auditors of Romania – CAFR.
- Fields of interest for teaching and research: International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), International Standards on Auditing (ISA), Capital market.
- Contact: email@example.com
The activities of the Department of Finance, Credit and Accounting follow the strategic directions of the University contained in the strategic plan of institutional development, as well as of those of the other schools.
The objective of the department is to strengthen its position and increase its visibility through its staff, the study programs it runs and its undergraduates/Master students both during the teaching-learning activity, and those of scientific research.
The department organizes consulting committees comprising employers, specialists in the field and department members in order to synchronize the content of syllabi and the related disciplines with the requirements of the labor market. The modernization of the information sharing process through computer-assisted teaching technologies and increasing the participative and stimulating component of the teaching act through interactive lectures are a priority of the department.