COANCĂ MARIANA, Ph.D. Associate Professor
- Mariana Coancă is Associate Professor of English in the Department of Foreign Languages. She holds a Ph.D. in Philology from the University of Bucharest and contributes to RAU’s commitment to student learning through teaching Business English courses focusing on professional communication and soft skills enhancement. Her responsibilities are:
- Preparing for language instruction, collecting and adapting teaching materials to meet students’ needs for employability, correcting homework, assessing student performance, and counseling students;
- Teaching maintenance and enhancement English courses with the primary goal of improving students’ linguistic competence;
- Developing new materials and adapting existing materials.
- As for the research outputs, Mariana has published over 30 articles in disciplinary and interdisciplinary journals, 20 conference proceedings and 6 books/book chapters on terminology, language for specific purposes and foreign languages pedagogy.
Member of professional associations/organizations:
- RSEAS (The Romanian Society for English and American Studies)
- ESSE (The European Society for the Study of English)
- SLE (Societas Linguistica Europaea)
- AHE (Association for Heritage and Education)
Fields of interest/research:
- Applied linguistics, terminology, professional communication, bilingual education, digital & creative pedagogy
- Art history, traveling, ancient history, reading, vintage fashion