Center for Career Counseling and Guidance
In the context of creating the European Higher Education and Research Area, the academic counseling and career guidance of students has become an objective of the strategic program of the Romanian-American University.
Based on the provisions of the Order of the Minister of Education and Research no. 3235/2005 and of the Order of the Minister of Education and Research no. 3617/2005 regarding the counseling and career guidance centers, the Senate of the Romanian-American University decided, by the Decision of April 5, 2005, to establish its Center of Career Counseling and Guidance.
The role of the Center of Career Counseling and Guidance is: to provide students and graduates with information, academic counseling and career guidance services, as well as to promote networking between students and graduates. In order to facilitate access to the domestic and international job market and to develop a successful career for University students, C.C.C.G. organizes events in partnership with various stakeholders in the business, legal or institutional environment in Romania.
The Academic Counseling and Career Guidance program aims to prepare students for a good social and professional integration, as well as their personal development in accordance with the interests, aspirations and abilities of each person.
The Center of Career Counseling and Guidance:
- encourages students to participate in study visits and internships in order to improve their specialist knowledge;
- organizes professional training and self-development courses;
- facilitates the socio-professional integration of young graduates and connects them to the dynamics of the domestic and international job market.
The Center of Career Counseling and Guidance contributes to:
- Updates for students and graduates
- Academic counseling of students and graduates
- Career guidance of students and graduates
The Center of Career Counseling and Guidance, as a permanent activity, through the Center’s specific means of communication, facilitates the access of the Romanian-American University students and graduates to information relates to the projects, actions and events organized by the University and / or its institutional partners, in the field of personal and professional development.
The Center of Career Counseling and Guidance assisted students in choosing their study route by making the best use of the content of the Study Guide and informed the students about the general changes in the Romanian higher education after the adoption of the Bologna Declaration.
The changes made following the implementation of the “Bologna Process” at the Schools with economic profile from the Romanian-American University included:
- reducing the duration of the bachelor’s degree cycle from 4 years to 3 years;
- the duration and structure of studies:
- the bachelor’s degree cycle, lasting 3 years;
- the master’s degree cycle, lasting 2 years;
- increasing the duration and importance of the master’s degree cycle from 3 semesters to 4 semesters;
- changing the structure of majors;
- promoting the mobility of students and teachers;
- recognizing diplomas at European level;
- monitoring the academic offer from the qualitative point of view
For further details, please check the pages:
Email: [email protected]
Facebook: Centrul de Consiliere și Orientare în Carieră