CRIȘAN DANIELA ALEXANDRA, Ph.D. Associate Professor
- Crișan Daniela Alexandra is full associate professor, PhD, at the School of Computer Science for Business Management.
- She has been teaching programming courses for Bachelor and Master degrees in RAU since 1997. She has been member in the research teams of more than 15 national and international grants and she has published 11 books in Computer Programming field and over 60 scientific papers in national and international journals or conference proceedings.
- Professor Crișan Daniela Alexandra graduated in 1997 the Faculty of Mathematics within the University of Bucharest, with a Bachelor Diploma in Informatics (5 years program).
- In 1998 she graduated a Master program within the same university, with the specialization: “Stochastic Processes and Mathematical Statistics”.
- In 2005 she got her PhD in Automatic Control, awarded by the “Politehnica” University of Bucharest (6 years Doctoral School), with the thesis: “Image processing using fractal techniques”.
- In the last years, Professor Crișan has been visiting professor at more than 10 universities, giving lectures in Computer Science domain.
- She is organizer of the International Conference “Applied Informatics in Economy and Information Technology ‘E-Society – Knowledge and Innovation’” (http://e-society.rau.ro), Managing Editor of the JOURNAL OF INFORMATION SYSTEMS & OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT (http://jisom.rau.ro) and coordinator of the RAUCoder programming contest (http://devhack.rau.ro).
- She is also member of several professional organizations and editor of a scientific journal for CSBM master students.
- Professor Crișan had been member in the RAU Senate between 2004-2012, scientific secretary of the CSBM faculty for 13 years (2004-2016), member of the CSBM faculty Council since 1997.
- The main researches of Professor Daniela Alexandra Crișan are in the fractal geometry field, focusing on using fractal techniques in various domains. Important results have been obtained in medical imaging, where fractal models were exploited in order to classify lesions (tumors) in mammographic images. The Fractal dimension of the contour of a mammographic lesion was related to the shape’ irregularity degree, which is one of the most important features of malign tumors.
- Researches have been founded through several national projects and most significant results of the work have been presented at national and international conferences and published in great impact journals.
- In economics, studies of how fractal can be used to describe the volatility of a financial time-series have been done.
- Professor Crișan’s researches have been founded through an IDEI-CE (Exploratory Research) national project: “Uncertainty, Complexity and Financial Stability” (http://finsys.rau.ro), director professor Iftekhar Hasan.
- Recent studies of Professor Crișan concern the relationship between Innovation and IT&C at EU level. Various IT&C indicators were used in order to investigate how the innovation level of an economy is influenced by them.
- In recent years, Ms. Crișan has participated as a research member in the teams of 3 international research projects won through competition: CEF Transports / INEF / sAFE Action No: 2018-EU-TM-0079-S, “Future Policy Modeling (FUPOL)”, European project developed through the financing framework FP-7, Nr. 287119 and “Harmonized eCall European Pilot (HeERO)”, European project developed through the financing framework FP-7, Nr. 270906. Also, Professor Crișan participated as an expert in the teams of 3 POS-DRU projects: “Practical school: innovation in higher education and success on the labor market”, POSDRU / 156 / 1.2 / G / 132920, “Student today! Professional tomorrow! – Improving the process of insertion on the labor market of students in the technical / economic / veterinary medical fields (IMPULS) “, POSDRU / 160 / 2.1. / S / 139928 and “A mentored and professionally oriented student, a young person prepared for the labor market (CONPROF)”, POSDRU / 161 / 2.1 / G / 137369.
Member of professional associations/organizations: –
Fields of interest/research:
- image processing, bio-imaging, fractal techniques, statistics, software engineering, algorithms, study of relationship between innovation and IT&C