DUVAC CONSTANTIN, Ph.D. Professor
- University professor Ph.D. Constantin Duvac graduated from the Law Faculty of “Alexandru Ioan Cuza” Police Academy in Bucharest in 1997;
- Holds a Ph.D. Degree in penal law since 2008 granted by the Romanian Academy awarded within the Romanian Academy for the doctoral thesis “Apparent plurality of crimes”;
- Graduated the postdoctoral studies: Penal Legal Sciences (1998); International Business Law (1998); Administrative Sciences (1998-1999);
- Management (2007), Current issues of national security (2013);
- Graduated postdoctoral studies in 2016 at the Romanian Academy; university professor since 2016 in the Department of Legal Sciences of the Faculty of Law;
- Phd supervisor since 2019 in penal law at the Doctoral School “Law” of the Academy of Economic Studies in Bucharest; dean of the Faculty of Law since 2020;
- Editor-in-chief since 2012 of the Penal Law Review and the Criminal Law Review; permanent lawyer since 2013;
- Director / general manager of the Control Body of the Minister of Internal Affairs, respectively of the General Directorate of Internal Audit of the Minister of Internal Affairs (2009-2013);
- Director of: Legal Directorate (2008-2009), Criminal Investigation Directorate (2005-2008), Internal Inspection Directorate (2002-2004), from General Inspectorate of the Romanian Police.
- participant in 154 international / national conferences with 126 studies in the field of penal sciences;
- coordinator, author, first author, co-author of: 3 treatises, 7 university courses, 13 specialized works, 115 articles / comments on judicial practice, 12 chronicles, and 4 reviews;
- Participated in 10 research projects;
- The order “Manhood and Faith” in the rank of “officer” with a sign for the military by Decree no. 1401 of December 18, 2006 issued by the President of Romania;
- Mentioned in the Encyclopedia of Romanian Personalities 2006 (Hübners Who is Who); holder of the “Ioan Tanoviceanu” (2009) and “Vintilă Dongoroz” awards (2010, 2016) granted by the Romanian Bar Association.
Member of professional associations/organizations:
- Vice-President of the Penal Sciences Section within the Romanian Academy of Legal Sciences;
- President of the Romanian Association of Penal Sciences since 2015;
- President of the Romanian National Group affiliated to the International Penal Law Association based in Paris, since 2015;
- President of the Romanian Association of Criminalists (2014-2019);
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Romanian Bar Association since 2013;
- Member of the International Penal Law Association since 2000;
- Member of the Scientific Association for Intellectual Property Law since 2006.
Fields of interest/research:
- Areas of interest: specialist in penal law, penal procedural law, European penal law, forensic and criminology;
- in-depth study of penal sciences, reading, traveling.