ISTRATE ANA MIHAELA, Ph.D. Lecturer
- Ana Mihaela Istrate is an associate professor at the Romanian-American University in Bucharest, where she lectures in “intercultural communication”, EFL and Romanian as a foreign language for the international students enrolled with the Foundation Year of Language.
- She achieved her Philosophy Degree from the University of Bucharest in 2012, with a research in the field of Iconology (multidisciplinary study of literature and arts). She completed training internships in the field of Intercultural communication in UK, Poland, Finland and she was a visiting professor at universities from Japan, France, Spain, etc.
- She regularly publishes articles in scientific journals in the country and abroad, attends international conferences, being focused on the study of culture shock on international students.
Member of professional associations/organizations:
- Member of the organizing committee of the international conference “Crossing Boundaries in Culture and Communication”, organized by Romanian-American University.
- Member of the editorial board of the volume of the international conference “Crossing Boundaries in Culture and Communication”, organized by Romanian-American University.
Fields of interest/research:
- intercultural communication, culture shock in international students, foreign language acquisition, English as a foreign language, Romanian as a foreign language, literature, iconology
- reading, gardening, hiking, biking, sports for health