LUNGU ION, Ph.D. Professor
- Ion LUNGU is a Professor at the Economic Informatics Department at the Faculty of Cybernetics, Statistics and Economic Informatics from the Academy of Economic Studies of Bucharest and Professor at Romanian-American University.
- He has graduated the Faculty of Economic Cybernetics in 1974, holds a PhD diploma in Economics from 1983 and, starting with 1999 is a PhD coordinator in the field of “Economic Informatics”. He is the author of 41 books in the domain of economic informatics, 57 published articles and 39 scientific papers published in conferences proceedings.
- He participated (as director or as team member) in more than 20 research projects that have been financed from national research programs.
- In 2005 he founded the master program “Databases for Business Support”, and in 2010 he founded Databases Journal.
Member of professional associations/organizations:
- He is a CNATCU member
- CNCSIS expert evaluator and member of the scientific board for the ISI indexed journal “Economic Computation and Economic Cybernetics Studies and Research”.
- He is also a member of INFOREC professional association and honorific member of Economic Independence academic association.
Fields of interest/research:
- His fields of interest include: Databases, Design of Economic Information Systems, Database Management Systems, Decision Support Systems, Executive Information Systems, Business Intelligence.