POPA GHEORGHE, Ph.D. Professor
- University professor and doctoral supervisor in the field of legal sciences, forensic specialization.
- Author / co-author of 12 specialized books (courses, monographs), of over 80 articles published in recognized journals or indexed in international databases and of 7 inventions and innovations in the fields of forensics and medicine.
- He has participated in numerous congresses, symposia organized in the country and abroad presenting scientific communications with scientific value, some being inventions or innovations. (USA, Spain, France,)
- Former police officer for 34 years holding important management positions and responsibilities such as: director of the Institute of Forensics, deputy head of the Romanian Police, head of the Romanian Police, director of the Institute for Public Order Studies, rector of the A.I.Cuza Police Academy.
- Forensic expert authorized by the Ministry of Justice in the fields of forensic expertise: graphoscopy / graphics and technique of documents, dactyloscopy of palm and plantar traces, traceology of traces left by beings and objects, ballistics of weapons and ammunition.
- Medaled several times by the Presidents of Romania for the remarkable results obtained in the activity.
- Nominated among 50 personalities of Romania by the newspaper Cotidianul on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of its founding.
- Declared by the press three times as the Man of the Day for his activities as a policeman.
Member of professional associations/organizations:
- President of the Romanian Criminalists Association,
- First vice-president of the Corps of Forensic Experts in Romania.
Fields of interest/research:
- Plant biocriminalism
- sports activities: football, table tennis