TROACA-LUCHICI LIVIU-ANDREI, Ph.D. Lecturer
Email: [email protected]
- I started my AI/ML journey during my PhD at the University College London & King’s College London in 2011. Then, I used computer vision, predictive analytics, and statistical modelling to investigate how biological cells move and interact in vivo.
In 2015, I co-founded a boutique consulting company, Dacian Consulting Limited, where I helped startups and enterprises on their road to AI. We developed algorithms and data-driven applications for companies operating within marketing, e-commerce, or financial services.
I was always passionate about research & innovation. In 2020 I co-founded the Center for Intelligent Machines. At CMI, I design and deliver training programmes and knowledge and technology transfer programmes within AI/ML.
In October 2021, I resumed my academic and research career. Since I joined RAU, I conduct research at the intersection between dynamical systems, machine learning, and multi-agent systems with applications to social, economic, and biological sciences. In parallel, I teach software engineering and artificial intelligence.
Fields of interest/research:
- Dynamical systems, Machine Learning, Multi-Agent Systems and their applications to social sciences, economy, and biology
- Artificial Intelligence, Cognitive and Soft Computing
- Risk modelling and simulation
- Complex Adaptive Systems
- Distributed computing and big data
- Reading, mostly non-fiction, international relations and national security, and writing about technology and its impact on our society.
- Investments & financial markets
- Mathematics (pure & applied)