TULEAȘCĂ LUMINIȚA, Ph.D. Associate Professor
- Luminița Tuleașcă has been a lawyer since 1997, member of the Bucharest Bar, founder and managing partner in TULEAȘCĂ LAWYERS and, since 1996, and, since 1996, tenured university professor, currently associate professor Ph.D., at the Faculty of Law of the Romanian-American University – tenured professor of law: “Commercial Law”, “Company Law and International Trade Law”.
- Holds a degree in Law from the Faculty of Law of the University of Bucharest, attended postgraduate and specialization courses at the University of Bucharest (Private Law) and at The Hague Academy of International Law (Private International Law), and a Ph.D. in Law from the University of Bucharest – Private Law field, major in Commercial Law and completed postdoctoral studies as a scholarship researcher at the Institute of World Economy of the Romanian Academy.
- Vice-president of the Romanian Institute of Commercial Law.
- Arbitrator of the International Commercial Arbitration Court attached to the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Romania, trainer of the National Institute of Professional Training of Lawyers – subject matters: civil law and civil procedural law, arbitrator of the Bucharest Bar Arbitration Court and lecturer of the Institute National Training of Notaries.
- Since 2020 – member of the National Integrity Council.
- In the years 1996 – 2008 – member of the Faculty of Law Council, in 1993 – 1996/2006 – 2008 – member of the University Senate, in 1999 – head of the Private Law department, in the academic year 2013-2014 – director of the master’s program in business law – within the Romanian-American University.
- The sole author of 7 books and over 60 studies and specialized articles, director / coordinator and a member of numerous national and international research grants, guest speaker and moderator in over 40 national and international conferences.
- Has organized more than 20 national and international conferences; she is the promoter and coordinator of the project “Moot Court Competition – Commercial Law” of the Romanian-American University (2010 – present), and the promoter and project manager of the Summer School and Conferences on Business Law of the Romanian-American University (2011 – present).
- Member of the editorial board of the Revistei Române de Drept Comercial” (“Romanian Journal of Commercial Law”), a member of the editorial board of the ”Revistei Române de Drept al Afacerilor” (“Romanian Journal of Business Law”) and of the “Acta Universitatis Danubius. Juridica” Magazine and associate editor of the “Romanian Economic and Business Review”.
Member of professional associations/organizations:
- Since 2001, Luminița Tuleașcă is a member of the Romanian-American Foundation – upon the proposal of the founding rector of the Romanian-American University: Prof. Ion Smedescu, Ph.D.
- Member of prestigious professional associations and research centers: British Institute of International and Comparative Law, The Society of Legal Scholars, Corporate and Commercial Law Research Center – Birmingham City University, Daughters of Themis: International Network of Female Business Scholars – The Faculty of Law, University of Oslo.
- Member of the Initiative for European Culture and Democracy.
Fields of interest/research:
- Domestic and international commercial law, European law, company law, civil law and civil procedure, contract law, insolvency, arbitration, administrative litigation, tax law, European funds, public procurement, construction law, foreign investment, public policy.
- Travel, gastronomy, photography, gardening, astronomy.