BROZBĂ GABRIELA ANIDORA, Ph.D. Lecturer
- Gabriela Brozbă is an Associate Professor at University of Bucharest with a PhD and a post-doctoral degree in “Philology”, namely “Applied English Linguistics”.
- She teaches “phonetics” and “phonology’, as well as pragmatics and derivational morphology.
- She has attended various national and international conferences, colloquia, workshops and summer schools.
- She is the author of several published books, among which we mention notably: “Between Reality and Myth: A Corpus-based Analysis of the Stereotypic Image of Some Romanian Ethnic Minorities” (2010), “The Phonology of New Englishes” (2012), “From Hero to Zero: English Phonetics and Phonology” (2018). She has been teaching seminars of Business English at RAU since 2007, both in the Romanian-taught and the English-taught BA programs.
Member of professional associations/organizations:
- since 2013: member of ISLE (International Society for the Linguistics of English);
- since 2013: member of RSEAS (The Romanian Society for English and American Studies);
- since 2014: member of the Center for the Study of Language Development and Linguistic Communication, University of Bucharest;
- since 2016: President of the Central Committee of the English Olympiad;
- since 2016: Vice-president of the National Specialized Commission;
Fields of interest/research:
- Her main research interests include phonetics and phonology, non-native Englishes, sociolinguistics, pragmatics, and dialectal variation, among others.
- Reading, cooking, travelling, art in all its forms (visual, cinematic, musical, etc.)