DIMA MARIUS DUMITRU, Ph.D. Associate Professor
- Associate Professor Dr. DIMA MARIUS DUMITRU, Dean at the Faculty of Physical Education, Sports and Physical Therapy, I have an extensive experience in the field of physical education and sports, in education as well in performance sports. I have 8 books published in prestigious publishing houses in our field, 2 articles in journals indexed in Web of Science (ISI) and over 30 scientific articles published in journals relevant to the field of habilitation.
- In parallel with the promotion in higher education institution, I also acquired professional skills in accordance with the requirements of contemporary training in general and the training of footballers in particular. I mastered the methodology and technique of basic football training to obtain the UEFA Coach License – A.
- As a physical trainer I put into practice the knowledge acquired from sports training, the requirements of contemporary training in general and the training of footballers in particular; methodology and technique of basic training in football. I collaborated as a physical trainer (between 2005 – 2020) for the football teams: “Student Sports”, “University of Craiova”, “Steaua Bucharest”, “Dinamo Bucharest”, “National Team of Romania”.
Member of professional associations/organizations:
- Member of the Romanian SportsScience Council
- Member of the Acvatica Sport Sports Club
- Member of the International Federation of Physical Education (FIEP)
Fields of interest/research:
- Physical education and sports – for prophylactic or therapeutic purposes
- Physical education and sports for health
- Means of recovery after effort
- Training in sports performance
- Physical education and sports – components of general education
- Physical education and sports – components of human culture and civilization
- Physical education and sports – a field of scientific knowledge
- Physical education and sports – factors of social integration for people with disabilities
- Physical education and sport – a framework for international cooperation
- Organizing sports competitions for students
- Specialized equipment in the field of physical education, sports and physical therapy
- Sports training – performance in sports