School of Computer Science for Business Management
The School of Computer Science for Business Management provides its graduates with theoretical and practical specialty knowledge in compliance with the current requirements of the field “Computer Science for Economy”, thus facilitating their integration in software companies.
The School of Computer Science for Business Management provides its graduates with theoretical and practical specialty knowledge in compliance with the current requirements of the field “Computer Science for Economy”, thus facilitating their integration in software companies since their final years of study.
According to reports, over 92% of graduates are hired in the field of activity of their studies within one year at the most as of graduation.
The School provides professional counselling to graduates on the labor market by facilitating meetings between employers and undergraduates, through regular meetings with software companies throughout the study years.
The internship activity is conducted either in the Microsoft centers/labs at the Romanian-American University, under the coordination of specialists, or with well-known companies in the ITC field, under collaboration agreements with the School, or with firms that already work with our undergraduates. This ensures a connection between the theoretical knowledge and the practical skills which specialists in the field of economic computer science have to acquire.
Graduates can work both in the software industry, and with firms in all fields of activity, as they possess skills for the following categories of jobs:
- information system analyst;
- information system designer;
- programmer (JAVA, C#, ASP, PHP, HTML, CSS, JS, VBA etc.);
- developer of client-server and internet/intranet/extranet applications;
- information project manager;
- Web site designer;
- database administrator (ORACLE, SQL Server, MySQL etc.);
- computer network administrator;
- Web site administrator;
- system developer for decision assistance and expert systems’
- consultant in the field of information technology.
Programmer, Crys Computer, IBM Romania Contractor; Associate – PriceWaterhouseCoopers
Graduates can also work as economists, as they have the advantage of mastering a wide knowledge of the information field and have special computer skills.
The general competences of the School graduates are as follows:
- to design, create and exploit information systems/applications;
- to create information system analyses at micro and macro-economic level;
- to design and create sites;
- to perform internet documentation, to design and exploit applications of the e-business type;
- the ability to work in teams;
- researching methods and techniques in the field of economic computer science;
- to collect, process and synthesize economic data and information.
- Informatică Economică – 3 years, full time studies
- Computer Science for Economics – exclusively in English, 3 years, full time studies
- Informatică Economică – 2 years, full time studies
- Computer Science for Business – exclusively in English, 2 years, full time studies
Head of department: Associate Professor Cristina Coculescu, PhD
The Department of IT, Statistics and Mathematics within the School of Computer Science for Business Management coordinates the IT activity of all departments within the Romanian-American University, with the aim of developing and strengthening the department position in the internal and external institutional framework, as well as ensuring a work and collaboration environment based on trust, respect and dignity, that would stimulate performance in the teaching and research activity.
The staff carries out the scientific research activity in the fields of the disciplines contained in the curricula of the Bachelor and Master academic syllabi, in compliance with the expertise area and with the own scientific interests.
Likewise, the teaching staff focuses particularly on initiating undergraduates and Master students in the activity of scientific research, which is conducted within scientific circles organized on fields of Bachelor and Master Studies. The undergraduates and Master students’ research papers are presented at scientific events organized during Sessions of Student Scientific Circles.
Increasing the quality of the teaching staff is a constant concern of the department management, and assessment follows criteria, methodologies and instruments of regular evaluation of the staff, targeted at the teaching activity, the results of the scientific research and involvement with specific activities carried out within the department, school and university.