School of Management-Marketing
The School of Management-Marketing was set up within the Romanian-American University in 1991. The idea of setting up a school with this profile belonged to Professor Ion Smedescu, PhD., founder of the Romanian-American University.
The School of Management-Marketing was set up within the Romanian-American University in 1991. The school profile comprises two economic specialties: management and marketing; it reflects the needs of the business environment and offers the school graduates a competitive edge in respect of their access to the labor market due to the wide array of theoretical acumen, practical skills and abilities which set them apart from the other institutions of higher economic education.
The School of Management-Marketing updates its educational offer as a result of its ongoing collaboration with the business environment which ensures both the exchange and sharing of knowledge, and the permanent contact with real life problems and solutions. Education and training in the above-mentioned fields follow student-oriented programs, as the School has become known especially for launching graduates with a highly developed entrepreneurial spirit on the labor market.
The School of Management-Marketing opts for a dynamic and participative training system, providing a modern, competitive and open education, particularly in the context of a constantly changing global environment, combining the pragmatism of the American model with the tradition of Romanian education.
The School of Management-Marketing aims to train specialists with skills in management and marketing, with vast theoretical and practical knowledge, capable of fast and efficient integration in corporations at various hierarchical levels. The focus has been on interdisciplinary and the development of skills and competences, in compliance with the current economic and social transformations, the aim being a good professional insertion.
International master student from Ukraine
General Director - Ministry of Justice, the National Trade Register
In any organization, graduates of the School of Management-Marketing may hold the following positions:
- sales manager
- human resources manager
- head of human resources evaluation
- product manager
- trade and marketing expert
- advertising copywriter (with academic degree)
- marketing research assistant
- management advisor/expert/inspector/assistant/economist
- management economist research assistant
- project manager etc.
Form of study
Forma de învățământ
Strategic Company Management
Organizational Management and Marketing
Strategic Marketing (in English)
Dean: Associate Professor Alexandru Ionescu, PhD
- Fields of professional competence: International economic relations; International economy; Transports and domestic and international insurance; International logistic management
- Fields of management competence: improving academic structures; analyzing and improving the quality of the teaching process and study programs; ensuring the sustainability of academic study programs; strengthening and developing international relations/relations with the economic and social environment.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice-dean: Associate Professor Oana Preda, PhD
- Fields of professional competence: International marketing; Introduction to marketing; Marketing policies and strategies; Marketing management; Financial-Banking Management.
- Fields of management competence: strengthening and developing partnerships with the socio-economic environment; increasing the visibility and prestige of the school; developing strategic partnerships with various foreign institutions; implementing measures necessary to enhance the teaching and scientific research activity.
- Contact: email@example.com
Head of department: Associate Professor Andreea Budacia, PhD
- Fields of professional competence: Commercial management; Quality management; The management of supplies and sale; Promotional techniques.
- Fields of management competence: team spirit, communication, organizational competence; chair person and member in various committees, member in editorial committees of scientific publications, coordinator of research teams.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The economic and social environment is constantly subject to changes triggered by the current realities which involve ongoing adjustments of employers, the human resource, managers, leaders and marketers. In this context, knowledge and innovation are essential elements of success and performance in business. Awareness of priority fields – management and marketing respectively – provides a significant competitive advantage which is essential in reaching excellence.
Through the disciplines it coordinates, the Department of Management-Marketing contributes to the improvement of the acumen and competences of Bachelor and Master graduates in order to reflect the challenges of the business environment in the current context of fierce competition, uncertainty and consumer expectations.
- to develop and enhance the teaching and research activity in the two fields of activity;
- to tailor the structure of the curricula and the discipline sheets to the requirements of direct and indirect beneficiaries for the disciplines organized by the department;
- to create the appropriate organizational climate meant to encourage the teaching and research potential of the department members;
- to ensure the quality of teaching and research processes;
- to identify, support and promote modern teaching-learning methods, instruments and techniques adjusted to the current economic and social realities.
The department activities are carried out by a competent staff, consisting of professionals of domestic and international acclaim, as well as collaborators and partners from the business environment.
Fields of expertise:
- Management: Strategic management, Human resources management, The management of supplies and sale, The management of change and innovation, Production management, Ecotechnologies, Entrepreneurial management, Organizational behavior, Comparative management, Commercial management, Managerial methods and techniques, Tourist resources and destinations, Project management.
- Marketing: Marketing policies and strategies, Service marketing, Online marketing, Financial-banking marketing, Consumer behavior, Integrated marketing communication, International marketing, Market research, Communication and PR, Promotional techniques, Strategic marketing, Marketing planning, Marketing and commodity, Event marketing, Selling techniques.